I received my Mama Earth Organics bin and my daughter Syra opened it and saw purple cauliflower.
“What can you make with purple cauliflower?”, she asked.
Well, on a wet cold fall day I set out on a mission for a quick, easy and tasty soup!
Purple Cauliflower + Turmeric Soup
(Makes 4 cups)
The Hubba Bubba Soup
It may not taste like purple bubble gum, but boy is it delicious!
- 1 head of purple cauliflower, washed & chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric, fresh grated or ground
- 2 cloves of garlic,minced (I love garlic and tend to use 3-4 cloves)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- Step 1 In a large pot, heat the coconut oil and add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 3-5 mins.
- Step 2 Add the cauliflower, potatoes, turmeric, oregano and black peppercorns, stir well.
- Step 3 Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-high heat and cook until vegetables are tender, about 25min.
- Step 4 Turn off heat, cool and blend well in a blender OR use a hand blender.
- Step 5 Enjoy!
When the table was all set, she sat down and looked at her bowl, “It looks like Hubba Bubba bubble gum!”. She sure was right! It did look like the colour of the gum but tasted so much better and is so much healthier for you!
Ps: To get a discount on Mama Earth Organic delivery service, tell them Wholehearted Holistics referred you!
Sumbul Zafar, R.H.N.