I discovered the simplicity of energy bite balls and it changed my life!
A couple of mornings during the week I will grab my bulletproof coffee and whip up a batch of these goodies, stick them in the fridge to chill while I brush my teeth and get ready for the day. By the time I make my way down to the kitchen again, my batch of energy balls are ready to be rolled into balls to either be dish out or to be stored away in the fridge for later.
I adapted a recipe I found on Pinterest and won the seal of approval from both my clients and my family!
No Bake PB & Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
A healthy protein packed snack!
- 11/2 cups of old fashion GF rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of PB
- 1/3 cup of DF/GF/NF (I used the Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseeds
- 2 tsp of ground chia seeds
- 1 TBSP of hemp hearts
- Step 1 Throw all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Step 2 Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 mins
- Step 3 Take out from the fridge and use a tablespoon of the mixture and roll them into balls.
- Step 4 Enjoy!
This delicious snack is full of nutrients, high in protein, healthy carbs, fat and fibre which helps your body feel energized and leaves your hunger satisfied. Great option for a pre/post activity snack, or an on the road treat.
Enjoy the recipe!
Sumbul Zafar, R.H.N.